On Tuesday, September 25th, Gorbel® had the privilege of hosting a local group of students from Victor High School along with their Business Teacher, Sue Utz. These students are engaged in classes related to business management and have a rather robust curriculum that they study. Some of the areas of focus in their studies for these students include:
- Learning the role of Operations Management (Economic, Environmental, Sustainability)
- The impact operations has on all business functions (Marketing, Human Resources, Finance implications)
- Different types of production methods (Job, Batch, Mass)
- Implementing Lean Production and Quality Management ( JIT, Kaizen, Total Quality Management, Benchmarking, National Quality Awards)
- Concepts in business: Change, Culture, Ethics, Globalization, Innovation, Strategies
It is obvious how easy it was to correlate the actvities within Gorbel® to the topics that the students are learning about. In addition to a presentation about Gorbel®, the students had the opportunity to tour the MAIN factory and the Product Demo area (which they really enjoyed in a “hands on” exercise running hoists
At Gorbel®, we value the Voice of the Customer, and for this visit our visitors were our customers!